Interested in performing with us?
Well, we’re celebrating spring and you’re invited!
Now accepting submissions for Afterglow’s Performance Division! Youth & Adult.
The Afterglow Performance Division will meet once a week for 2 hours to work on developing an aerial act (ground acts also welcome). Teen/adult students will be learning from 6 different coaches during the 12 weeks. Open applications for ages 15+. The theme will be Celebration of Spring – fairies, Greek goddesses, spring witches, Beltane, magical things, bubbles, April new moon manifestations, astrological sign of spring rain, growth, bird songs, vegetables, flowers blooming, May Day, celebration of sunshine, etc. Kiddos, Teens, and Adults welcome to sign up!
Cost- $450 (scroll down to purchase)
Rehearsals – ages 10-14
For our younger performers, ages 10-14, you will be working with coaches Erika &/or Liza in the Youth Performance Division. Students have the option to meet one, two or three times per week (twice a week is recommended): Mondays 6:30-8:30pm w/ Liza, & Thursdays 5:30-7:30pm w/ Erika. Head over to “Youth Programs” for more info!
Cost- $360 (1 class per week 8 week series)
$720 (2 classes per week)
Rehearsals – ages 15+
Performance Division (ages 15 and up) meets Saturdays 12-2pm
Rehearsal dates: 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 2/29, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28, 4/4, 4/11, 4/18
Saturday, April 25th (2 shows: 1 day & 1 early evening)
Sunday, April 26th (1 during the day)
Included in the Afterglow Performance Ensemble:
- Three opportunities to perform your act in the Afterglow showcase
- A weekly 2 hour class where you’ll work on developing an act start to finish
- 4 open gym credits for extra rehearsal time
- Access to an AG mentor for choreographic feedback, performance advice, etc.
- Custom video of your personal performance
- Afterglow swag!
* Submit your act ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Solos, duos, trios, and group acts welcome!
Be sure to tell us about the following in your submission:
- What character/inspiration do you want to portray? (recommend submitting a couple ideas)
- How many people in your act?
- What apparatus do you want to fly from?
- What other lovely talents do you have that you would also like to show off during transitions? (contortion, hand balancing, juggling, acting, etc.)
Solo – $450
Duo – $420 per person
Trio – $380 per person
Groups – Let us know how many people and we will do the math